Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkins

On Saturday I drove down to Saugatuck with Jamie and Ethan!
We came across a pumpkin stand and I just couldn't resist picking one up and of course I had to take some pictures of all the colorful pumpkins!
I love pumpkins, they make me think of all things fall!
Halloween, Thanksgiving, leaves changing color, football...
What do pumpkins make you think of?
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?
I will share mine if you share yours:

Pumpkin Bread:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup applesauce
4 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Grease three 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, soda, salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well. Add applesauce, eggs, pumpkin, and water. Mix batter with mixer. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
YUMMY!!!!





1 comment:

Jaime said...

These are soo cute. I love the pumpkin photos. We had alot of fun.