Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cold weather=warm socks!


As we get closer to the holiday shopping season I find myself thinking about what to get my friends and family. My husband is easy to shop for since he has a weird obsession with novelty socks!
It brought up an interesting conversation between my friend Sarah and I today:
What do you do with the novelty socks you as gifts?
Do you wear them? Do you put them in a drawer, never to be seen again?
Do you re-gift them?
For me, some I wear (especially the toe socks, I like how they keep each of my toes warm) and some I keep for those "I haven't done laundry in 2 weeks and need a pair of clean socks" days :)
I think you all know what I am talking about!
So tell me, what do you do with your novelty socks (don't worry, I won't tell anyone)?
I will randomly pick a post number and that person will win a pair of novelty socks from me!
The polls will close at 3pm noon EST on 11/8/07. At that time I will announce the winner!

4 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

I have a few pair of them, and I suppose I wear them around the house and to bed. Or, in my tall boots--where no one will see them!

i love being mrs. r said...

i'm not fond of the toe socks, because they don't fit my toes right. however, i love getting socks that have little characters on them. i think they are fun to match to your outfit (color wise...i don't wear things with duckies on them), but they add a little kick to you orange sweater with jeans (that is once you take your shoes off). they are funner than plain white socks! i love getting cute novelty socks for christmas in my stocking!

karen

Anonymous said...

I have had what seems like endless pairs of these socks given to me by my Mom. I know she means well, but they are not my style. I just cleaned out my sock drawer and well, pitched some of them. I couldn't imagine that regifting them would be welcomed. ;-)

Pam said...

I switch into them at night when I get home from work...when my day socks are too stinky for lounging. :)