Sunday, December 9, 2007

To Smash or Not to Smash....

That is the question....
I have seen a lot of brides and grooms feed each other wedding cake, and it seems to me that it is a bit of tradition to put a little icing on someones nose and kiss it away.
But never have I seen such a cake cutting event such as this one:


I took this picture at a wedding last fall. Both the bride and groom came up to me individually to let me know that they were going to smash each other with the cake.
All during the reception I had to keep this little secret to myself and wait for the moment when they went to feed each other the giant piece of cake they had in their hands. Needless to say, I was ready!
Everyone got a big laugh about it, especially the bride and groom!

2 comments:

i love being mrs. r said...

my husband and i had a similar picture to this when it was time to feed eachother cake. it went straight up his nose and it was all over my face.

it made for quite fun.

karen

Anonymous said...

Jen, we love this picture. You did an awesome job on our wedding, thank you!